- Resource Library
Intellectual Property Rights
1. Registered users of this site certify that they have the appropriate intellectual property rights and permissions to upload, attach, or post (terms used interchangeably) content to the site. Registered users may also grant a license for use of uploaded content. An explanation of available licenses can be found on the suggested template on this website and on the Creative Commons website (redirects to third party website).
2. If another person or entity has rights to the content that a registered user wishes to post, the user may request permission for posting and granting a license by using a suggested template. The user must retain a copy of any permission received, whether on the template or in another form, as the user may be required to provide it to the Site Administrator.
3. Users of the Forum website should be aware of the particular license granted for further use of any uploaded content. A cover page displaying the license that governs use of uploaded content will be displayed with the content. This cover page provides important copyright information and users must review it and keep it with any copies of materials downloaded from the site.
4. Any complaints, questions, or takedown notices regarding intellectual property issues on this site should be directed to the Site Administrator and should adhere to the following Notice and Takedown Policy.
Notice and Takedown Policy
If the Forum Site Team receive a plausible complaint or are notified of any breach of copyright or law violation (including but not limited to copyright, patent and trademark infringements; data protection, obscenities, defamation, libel) the resource or contribution will be removed immediately and the complaint investigated. A decision on whether the resource or contribution can remain on the Forum website will be made on conclusion of that investigation. This may take some time if it is necessary for the Forum Site Team to seek legal advice.
Making a complaint.
If you have discovered any material on the Forum website that is unlawful, e.g. breaches copyright or any other law, including but not limited to those relating to patent, trademark, confidentiality, data protection, obscenity, defamation or libel, please contact the Forum Site Administrator at email@example.com, providing the following information:
- your contact details
- full details of the resource or contribution, including the author and title
- the website address where you found the resource or material
- the nature of your complaint
- an assertion that your complaint is accurate and made in good faith
- if it is a breach of your own copyright that you are contacting us about, please state, under penalty of perjury, that you own the rights or are authorised to act on behalf of the rights owner.
Please send your complaint in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Forum Notice and Takedown request’.
The following procedures will then be invoked:
1. The Forum will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint, possibly involving legal advice.
2. The material will be temporarily removed from the Forum website until resolution.
3. The Forum Site Administrator will contact the contributor who posted or uploaded the material. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with one of the following outcomes:
> The material will be returned to the Forum unchanged
> The material will be returned to the Forum with the appropriate changes
> The material will be permanently removed from the Forum.
5. If the contributor and complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable on the Forum website until a resolution has been reached.
This policy is largely based on the Jorum Open notice and takedown policy which is available under a Creative Commons 2.0 by-nc-sa licence.
1. Users of all functions of the Forum website, including but not limited to the Discussion Forum and User Blogs, agree to keep their comments respectful and to refrain from posting or uploading harassing, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material anywhere on the Forum website. The Site Administrator reserves the right to remove any inappropriate material at the Site Administrator's sole discretion and without prior notice to the user who posted the material. The Site Administrator also reserves the right to block, delete, or deny registration to any current or prospective registered user at the Site Administrator's sole discretion.
2. Registered users of the Forum website agree to use the contact information provided by other registered users only in connection with the purpose of the Forum: to serve as an online community and resource library for ethics teachers, scholars, and practitioners worldwide. Any use of registered user contact information that is not related to the purpose of the Forum website or is otherwise inappropriate is grounds for deletion of the registered user's registration by the Site Administrator, at the Site Administrator's sole discretion.
1. THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON TEACHING LEGAL ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY
The Teaching Legal Ethics (“Website”) is an online open-content collaborative database and a voluntary association of individuals and groups working to develop a common resource for the teaching of legal ethics. The structure of this website allows any registered user to contribute to its content. Please be advised that the parts of the Website may not have been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information. While you may often find valuable and accurate information in the Website, none of the contributors, editors, sponsors, administrators, or anyone else connected with this Website can guarantee the validity of the information found here. DO NOT RELY UPON ANY INFORMATION FOUND IN THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION.
2. THE TEACHING LEGAL ETHICS WEBSITE IS NOT UNIFORMLY PEER REVIEWED
The Website is not uniformly peer reviewed; while registered users may make comments or engage in casual peer review, they have no legal duty to do so and thus all information read here is without any implied warranty of fitness for any purpose or use whatsoever. None of the contributors, editors, sponsors, administrators, or anyone else connected with this Website in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.
3. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXPECTATIONS OF PRIVACY OR NO-INFRINGEMENT. THE CONTRIBUTORS, EDITORS, SPONSORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS OF THIS WEBSITE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE RESULTS OR THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
4. NO CONTRACT; LIMITED LICENSE
Please make sure that you understand that the information provided here is being provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of this Website, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual contributors, any project administrators or editors, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this Website or related projects subject to your claims against them directly. You are being granted a limited license (as more fully explained below) to use the material on this Website; it does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of this Website’s contributors, sponsors, editors, administrators or any of its or their agents, members, organizers or other users.
6. JURISDICATION AND LEGALITY OF CONTENT
Publication of information found in this Website may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The contributors, sponsors, editors, and administrators of this Website do not encourage the violation of any laws; and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.
7. NOT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
If you need specific advice (for example, medical, legal, financial, or risk management) please seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area. This Website contains articles on legal topics; however, no warranty whatsoever is made that any of the materials on this Website are accurate. There is absolutely no assurance that any statement contained in an article touching on legal matters is true, correct or precise. Law varies from place to place and it evolves over time—sometimes quite quickly. Even if a statement made about the law is accurate, it may only be accurate in the jurisdiction of the person posting the information; as well, the law may have changed, been modified or overturned by subsequent development since the entry was made on this Website.
The legal information provided on this Website is, at best, of a general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a licensed professional, i.e., by a competent authority with specialized knowledge who can apply it to the particular circumstances of your case. Please contact a local bar association, law society or similar association of jurists in your legal jurisdiction to obtain a referral to a competent legal professional if you do not have other means of contacting an attorney-at-law or lawyer.